Wednesday 1 February 2012

LEARNING HOW TO GO WITH THE FLOW

So I'm sure some of you have heard the term, "Go with the flow." Do you know how challenging that is for someone who has been taught to keep working and keep busy? I was taught that if you're not working, you're wasting time. It took a lot of effort to learn how to sit still and relax. You would think that it's easy... try freakin' strenuous!!! "Just calm down," I would say to myself, "all is well!" I am an ambitious, get 'er done now, type of person. When I have free time - I'm doing something. Working on this project of The Holistic View has taught me to slow down... which was a direct conflict of my go-go-go attitude.

I met up with the ladies for the first time all together today to see how the energy would flow between us. Turns out: we are a MATCH! Our passions, morals, values, and most importantly our personalities, are completely aligned! We are moving from the old paradigms of being disconnected, to the new paradigm of oneness and this is proof of it! We absolutely loved sharing our views of what we believed in - which works perfectly for this concept. It's slowly manifesting! Thank you Universe!

Another thing that I am in the process of learning is humility. I've recently started doing hot yoga, but was a little dismayed by the fact that it costs X amount of money. Because of my financial situation, I've decided that I'm going to volunteer my time to this yoga studio that I love in exchange for free classes! It's a great match made in heaven, however, I discovered that I would not only be doing the front desk... I would be cleaning too. Cleaning!!! And I'm not talking just the simple wiping of mirrors - I'm talking about cleaning BATHROOMS! Coming from a great corporate job, to then doing this type of work? What will people think? My brother had to calm me down and list all the reasons why this is a good opportunity: 1. It's great networking 2. We could attract audience members and 3. FREE YOGA. Sigh... he is right. I'm doing this for the greater good.



No comments:

Post a Comment